El Galeon staying in St. Augustine until June 23 | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- The El Galeon will be extending its stay in the Ancient City.
The 17th century replica tall ship, which was scheduled to sail out of St. Augustine on Sunday, June 9, will now stay at the city's Municipal Marina until June 23.
According to Barbara Golden with the St. Augustine, Ponte Vedra, & The Beaches Visitors and Convention Bureau, the ship's crew reports that St. Augustine has been their best city in terms of number of visitors and revenue in the United States.
On Monday alone, the ship made more than $6,000, Golden said.
Tickets to tour the El Galeon are $8 for children ages 6 to 12 and $15 for adults. Children age 5 and under are free. Click here for more information.
Jessica Clark will have much more on the El Galeon's extended stay Tuesday on First Coast News at 5.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House