Human remains found in Flagler Estates area | News
ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. -- Human remains were found early Tuesday morning in Flagler Estates in St. Johns County.
The St. Johns County Sheriff's Office believes the remains could be those of 67-year-old Barbara Parchem.
The remains were found in clothes similar to those worn by Parchem the last time she was seen according to Joel Bolante St. Johns County Under Sherrif.
Police said they are investigating a person of interest but are not disclosing the name at this time.
Along with assistance from the Florida Wildlife Commission, the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office began searing the area around 7:30 a.m. this morning.
The remains were found around 8:30 a.m.
The Flagler County Sheriff's Office was also involved.
The decomposed remains will be taken to the District Medical Examiner for an autopsy and to positively identify the victim, according to a SJCS media release.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Creeks Outlaws advance in Pop Warner Super Bowl
- Christmas on the creek will light up Julington on Saturday Dec 7th
- St. Johns superintendent removes self from Lt. Gov consideration
- Julington Creek boat fire caught on camera
- Freedom Boat Club at Julington Creek is new site for ‘Life Jacket Loaner Program for Kids’