Human remains found in Flagler Estates area | News
ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. -- Human remains were found early Tuesday morning in Flagler Estates in St. Johns County.
The St. Johns County Sheriff's Office believes the remains could be those of 67-year-old Barbara Parchem.
The remains were found in clothes similar to those worn by Parchem the last time she was seen according to Joel Bolante St. Johns County Under Sherrif.
Police said they are investigating a person of interest but are not disclosing the name at this time.
Along with assistance from the Florida Wildlife Commission, the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office began searing the area around 7:30 a.m. this morning.
The remains were found around 8:30 a.m.
The Flagler County Sheriff's Office was also involved.
The decomposed remains will be taken to the District Medical Examiner for an autopsy and to positively identify the victim, according to a SJCS media release.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House