Sheriff: Foul play suspected in woman's disappearance | News
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- St. Johns County Sheriff David Shoar said in a Friday evening news conference that foul play is suspected in the disappearance of a woman who was last seen April 5.
Barbara Parchem, 67, is a Caucasian female, 5'3, 100 lbs, with brown eyes and short-brown hair with blonde highlights.
was last seen wearing a gray "hoodie," with dark pants and a dark
colored shirt last Friday, April 5 in the early evening hours.
have told investigators that they saw Parchem's vehicle, a 2005 red Nissan Pathfinder, on the afternoon of April 5 in the area of CR 214 and CR 13 South (near Molasses
More than 200 volunteers passed out or posted nearly 1,500 flyers and
posters from Crescent Beach to near Jacksonville International Airport.
The length of time that Parchem has been missing -- three weeks -- has led detectives to believe that foul play is involved in her disappearance.
Anyone with any information in Parchem's disappearance is asked to contact SJSO Detective Jeremy Russell at (904) 209-2193. You can also call CrimeStoppers of N.E. Florida and possibly be eligible for a cash reward at 1-(888) 277-TIPS (8477).
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House