St. Augustine man wins new car from The Blood Alliance | Health
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Blood Alliance presented a St. Augustine man with a new car Wednesday.
Steve Carr, 43, is a regular Blood Alliance donor who has donated nearly 5 gallons of blood, said Odette Struys, Blood Alliance communications manager. Carr beat out more than 42,000 other donors who participated in the promotion that ran from August to January.
Carr lives in St. Augustine with his wife, Jennifer, and their three children, ages seven, three and one.
Carr drives 45-minutes one-way to Jacksonville everyday for work, as an accountant with The Doctors Company in Riverside, and was delighted at his win - so that he can retire his 1999 car which has been giving him endless trouble, said Struys.
Carr plans to donate the old car to Wounded Warrior Project to pay it forward, Sturys added.
The new 2013 sedan was donated to The Blood Alliance by Nimnicht Buick GMC.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Christmas on the creek will light up Julington on Saturday Dec 7th
- St. Johns superintendent removes self from Lt. Gov consideration
- Julington Creek boat fire caught on camera
- Freedom Boat Club at Julington Creek is new site for ‘Life Jacket Loaner Program for Kids’
- Expert talks life-saving trailer hitch safety