St. Augustine man wins new car from The Blood Alliance | Health
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Blood Alliance presented a St. Augustine man with a new car Wednesday.
Steve Carr, 43, is a regular Blood Alliance donor who has donated nearly 5 gallons of blood, said Odette Struys, Blood Alliance communications manager. Carr beat out more than 42,000 other donors who participated in the promotion that ran from August to January.
Carr lives in St. Augustine with his wife, Jennifer, and their three children, ages seven, three and one.
Carr drives 45-minutes one-way to Jacksonville everyday for work, as an accountant with The Doctors Company in Riverside, and was delighted at his win - so that he can retire his 1999 car which has been giving him endless trouble, said Struys.
Carr plans to donate the old car to Wounded Warrior Project to pay it forward, Sturys added.
The new 2013 sedan was donated to The Blood Alliance by Nimnicht Buick GMC.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House