Ponte Vedra Woman Dies After Breathing Toxic Fumes At McDonald's | Health

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Ponte Vedra Woman Dies After Breathing Toxic Fumes At McDonald's
Ponte Vedra Woman Dies After Breathing Toxic Fumes At McDonald's

According to Authorities, an 80 year old Florida woman died after becoming ill from breathing toxic fumes in a South Georgia McDonald's Fast Food Restaurant.

The woman who died early Thursday morning was identified  as Anne Felton, 80 of Ponte Vedra, Florida by Poole County Police Chief Mark Revenew.

Mrs. Felton and her husband were eating at the restaurant when the incident occurred. The cause of death has yet to be determined, pending an autopsy.

Mrs. Felton was one of ten victims who were treated medically for inhaling the toxic fumes. The threat of toxic fumes was detected when two Firefighters found two customers unconscious in the restroom in the restaurant, and others having difficulty breathing. Two of the ten victims were admitted to the hospital for treatment, and the other eight were treated and released.

According to Authorities, cleaning chemicals in the restroom were to blame for the toxic fumes, but this has not yet been determined as the investigation is still ongoing.

The McDonald's Restaurant in South Georgia was evacuated, but was later re-opened once Authorities deemed it "safe".

 

St. Augustine Deals

St. Augustine Businesses