Alligator Farm Hosts "Croc School" | Events
For the eleventh year in a row, the St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park is hosting a renowned professional development course for herpetologists and zoo professionals. Commonly referred to as “Croc School,” the Crocodilian Biology and Captive Management Course is offered annually by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) www.aza.org, and is limited to 20 students. The St. Augustine Alligator Farm is the logical choice for the course because it is the only place in the world in which students can study every existing species of crocodilian. The course features:
- Fourteen instructors from all over the country.
- Twenty students, mostly zoo professionals from other AZA zoos in the United States.
- A wide range of subjects including Internal Anatomy, Reproduction, Enclosure Design, Identification of Species, Genetics and Demography, Health, Capture and Restraint, Behaviors, and even Training crocodilians.
The course will be hosted at The Alligator Farm from May 18-25, 2011
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House