Luminary Night at the Lighthouse | Arts & Culture
Thousands will visit the grounds of the St. Augustine Lighthouse & Museum when the historic Light Station and surrounding neighborhood glistens with the magical glow of thousands of candles during Luminary Night, Wednesday, December 7, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
“There is entertainment, exhibits, and even Santa is here. This event is a celebration of community and our traditional beginning to the holiday season,” said Olivia Bush, Director of Development, St. Augustine Lighthouse & Museum.
Luminary Night will feature local musicians providing live entertainment, refreshments, a bake sale, holiday arts and crafts, and--of course--Santa Claus. Visitors can also climb the lighthouse tower and enjoy a breathtaking view of the City of St. Augustine aglow with the “Nights of Lights”. (For their safety, children must be 44 inches tall to climb the tower.)
In addition to Luminary Night activities, the Lighthouse gift shop will be open offering unique nautical and lighthouse gifts.
Admission to the event is free; for more information on Luminary Night or other maritime programs and events at the First Light Maritime Society’s St. Augustine Lighthouse & Museum, go to www.staugustinelighthouse.org, visit the blog, or call 904.829.0745.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House