Meth Lab Found in St. Augustine Motel Room | Crime
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- Police following up on a report of a stolen cell phone, recovered the phone and made two arrests on unrelated charges after what they found in a closet.
According to the St. Augustine Police Department, officers went to the Scottish Inn on Anastasia Boulevard Thursday.
The victim who reported the phone theft told the officers two people in a different room cook methamphetamine every day.
Officers met with the defendants and first recovered the cell phone. Then one of the suspects, 28-year-old Tina Leslie Edenfield, gave police permission to search the room, responding, "I don't know," when asked if there was anything harmful in the room.
In a duffel bag in a closet of the motel room, an officer found what appeared to be meth in the process of cooking.
Everyone was evacuated from the room and certified personnel were called in to clean the room.
Edenfield was charged with manufacture of methamphetamine, possession of methamphetamine and drug equipment, and maintaining a drug dwelling.
The other suspect in the room, 45-year-old Bryan Eugene Gibson, is charged with manufacture of methamphetamine and possession of methamphetamine and drug equipment.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House