Sheriff's demolish meth house | Crime
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- The St. Johns County Sheriff's Office in coordination with St. Johns County Code Enforcement demolished a St. Augustine "drug dwelling" Tuesday morning.
The home was located at 1900 Powell Road near the intersection of Thomas Bailey Road.
Over the past several years the St. John's County Sheriff's Office has responded to multiple reports of methamphetamine labs at 1990 Powell Road, according to a release form the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office.
Since August of 2011, there have been two confirmed active labs and two incidents where precursors of methamphetamine were located on the property, according to the SJCSO.
After legal proceedings deemed the structure unsafe and uninhabitable, it was determined the home would be demolished. Crews and equipment arrived at the home at 9 a.m.
The last known resident of the home located at 1990 Powell Road is John Allen Clark. Jr.
Clark was taken into custody in Oct. 1012 on charges of sexual battery, contributing to the delinquency of a minor and four counts of sexual offense, according to the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office Jail log.
Clark, 48, is accused of providing drugs to a 12 to 17 year-old victim in exchange for sex, according to the St. Augustine Record.
Clark is scheduled to be in court for his next pretrial hearing on April 11, 2013.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House