Man claims he has a bomb, robs St. Aug bank | Crime
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- Police are trying to find a man they say robbed a Wells Fargo after he claimed he had a bomb.
The suspect allegedly told the teller at the 24 Cathedral Place location that he had the explosive and gave her a handwritten note demanding money, according to a release from the St. Augustine Police Department.
The robber got away with an undisclosed amount of money, officers wrote.
SAPD officers and K-9 teams from the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office are searching the area for the suspect.
If you have any knowledge to this crime you are encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 1-888-277-TIPS (8477).
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House