Teens accused of stealing guns, puppies | Crime
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. – Two teens are behind bars after allegedly breaking into an industrial building and stealing guns and puppies in the World Golf Village area in mid-May.
Jonathon Roberto Espinal, 18, also known as “Chico,” and Avery Robert Russell, 18, are accused of breaking into an industrial building behind a residence on Francis Road, where the pair allegedly stole two firearms, an adult pit-bull terrier mother and her ten very young pit-bull puppies, according to a report from the St. Johns Sheriff’s Office.
The two later allegedly sold eight of the ten puppies. Two of the puppies died since they were removed from their mother at four weeks old, the report states.
Espinal and Russell are charged with larceny, burglary and animal cruelty for causing a cruel death to two of the puppies. Espinal is currently being held on a $12,500 bond, Russell is held on $7,500.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Christmas on the creek will light up Julington on Saturday Dec 7th
- St. Johns superintendent removes self from Lt. Gov consideration
- Julington Creek boat fire caught on camera
- Freedom Boat Club at Julington Creek is new site for ‘Life Jacket Loaner Program for Kids’
- Expert talks life-saving trailer hitch safety