Man Arrested on Charge of Sexual Battery on a Child | Crime
St. Augustine, FL -- A 39-year-old St. Augustine man is behind bars, facing charges of alleged sexual battery on a child.
According to a release from St. Augustine Police Department, the mother of a 12-year-old girl reported an alleged sexual battery against her daughter to the SAPD. The victim claims she was being abused for a time period of six to seven months.
After further investigation, an arrest warrant was obtained for Robert Lee Skipper.
The victim was afraid to tell anyone because Skipper allegedly threatened to kill her if she did. When the victim came forward and told her story it was learned that a 20-year-old sister was also a potential victim of sexual assault by the same man.
Charges are expected in both sexual battery claims.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House