Man Arrested on Charge of Sexual Battery on a Child | Crime
St. Augustine, FL -- A 39-year-old St. Augustine man is behind bars, facing charges of alleged sexual battery on a child.
According to a release from St. Augustine Police Department, the mother of a 12-year-old girl reported an alleged sexual battery against her daughter to the SAPD. The victim claims she was being abused for a time period of six to seven months.
After further investigation, an arrest warrant was obtained for Robert Lee Skipper.
The victim was afraid to tell anyone because Skipper allegedly threatened to kill her if she did. When the victim came forward and told her story it was learned that a 20-year-old sister was also a potential victim of sexual assault by the same man.
Charges are expected in both sexual battery claims.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Creeks Outlaws advance in Pop Warner Super Bowl
- Christmas on the creek will light up Julington on Saturday Dec 7th
- St. Johns superintendent removes self from Lt. Gov consideration
- Julington Creek boat fire caught on camera
- Freedom Boat Club at Julington Creek is new site for ‘Life Jacket Loaner Program for Kids’