Community Empowerment Series hosts Michele Borba | Community Spirit
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- St. Johns County is hosting celebrity parenting experts to speak on topics designd to empower St. Johns County to be one of the best in Florida.
What: Community Empowerment Series
Where: The Renaissance Resort at World Golf Village (Room D)
When: February 2, 2013; March 9, 2013; April 27, 2013 (Doors open at 9 am and the session is from 10 am-noon)
Why: To strengthen our community and enrich our parents, teachers and everyone working with our children to be safer and kinder- both online and off. This series is providing parents with how-to’s on some of the most important issues facing children today, especially bullying.Who Will Benefit?
- Educators and school administrators
- Guidance Counselors
- Grandparents (anyone raising children today)
- Daycare center operators, employees, owners (eligible for service hour credits)
- Everyone that wants to make our community a safer place for kids!
The second of three forums will be held on Saturday, March 9th at the IMAX Theatre at World Golf Village, and will feature nationally known parenting expert, school consultant and author, Dr. Michele Borba.
Borba will talk about the social jungle our kids face today. This includes topics such as bullying, cyber-bullying, peer pressure, raising morally responsible children along with cliques and relationship aggression.
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bartram Trail hosts "Silent Night" girls basketball game
- Jacksonville’s Boatanista makes a splash and gains national recognition for her efforts
- Creeks Outlaws win Super Bowl of Pop Warner
- Creeks Outlaws advance in Pop Warner Super Bowl
- Christmas on the creek will light up Julington on Saturday Dec 7th