Limelight Theatre Announces Cast of Second Samuel | Arts & Culture
Limelight Theatre of St. Augustine announced the cast of its next main stage production--Second Samuel, a heartwarming comedy set in the Deep South. Directed by Stephen Pigman, this play by Pamela Parker is about family, community, diversity and strength with a unique blend of Southern charm and humor. The play's title, Second Samuel, comes from the name of the rebuilt town of Samuel, Georgia (General Sherman burned the first one to the ground during the Civil War), where the men spend their leisure time at the local watering hole and the women are found gossiping at the beauty salon.
Set in the 1940s, the inhabitants of this sleepy southern town prepare for the funeral of one of their most beloved citizens. But their serenity is suddenly shattered when dark secrets are revealed and the folks of Second Samuel are in for a summer they will never forget!
The cast of the show is:
· Chris Pritchard as B-Flat, the heart and soul of the play and of the town
· Everette Street as Frisky, the best good old boy you'll ever meet
· Patric Robinson as US, a black man raised in the south by a well-to-do white family
· John Willet as Mansel, a harmless redneck who tends to find trouble and likes to have a drink
· Roger Burgett as Mr. Mozel, the town bigot who is somewhat benign, but not completely
· Sally McGhee as Omaha, the cute, stylish "boss" of the women in town
· Linda Mignon as Jimmy Deanne, a vain and bitchy beauty queen
· Krista Tutor as Ruby, a worker at the local hair salon who is sweet, plain and demure until she takes a well-deserved whack at Jimmy Deanne
· Megan Peek as Marcela, a good-natured, hard-working country woman
· Jack Wilbern as Doc, one of the town's leaders who knows everybody's secrets but, because he's a gentleman, he's not telling
· Ryne Renz as June, the town's prissy and a bit absent-minded undertaker
Second Samuel appears on the Limelight Theatre Matuza Main Stage August 5 though 28, 2011. Complete show information is:
By Pamela Parker
Directed by Stephen Pigman
Friday, August 5 - Sunday, August 28, 2011
Thursday - Saturday at 7: 30 p.m.; Sunday matinees at 2 p.m.
Preview Night: Thursday, August 4 at 7:30 p.m.
Terrific Tuesday: Tuesday, August 9 at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets: $25 general admission
$22 seniors (62 and older)
Student Rush Tickets $10 (for any unsold seats 30 minutes prior to curtain)
Limelight Theatre is located at 11 Old Mission Avenue in downtown St. Augustine. Free parking is available in private lots next to and directly behind the Theatre.
For more information, contact Limelight Theatre:
11 Old Mission Avenue
St. Augustine, Florida 32084
Upcoming Events near St. Augustine
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House